In this episode, I talk to Influencer marketing strategist Gordon Glenister, author of influencer marketing strategy and host of Influence the global podcast, shining a spotlight on the influencer marketing industry.
Gordon Glenister is the global head of influencer marketing at the Branded Content Marketing Association as well as being behind Pitch Influence, a global competition for the influencer industry.
He also runs a Facebook group called Influencer marketing secrets, and a weekly roundtable where he shares tips and tricks on Influencer marketing.
Gordon also runs his own influencer marketing programme to help thought leaders become more influential.
- What is influencer marketing
- Who can be an influencer?
- Why is it important?
- Inspiring, entertaining, educational content
- The power of your story
- Brand story
- Digital / AI-Generated Influencers
- Brand Influence
- Content creators / Direct attribution
- Influencers are the new retailers
- Social commerce - selling products in a new way
- Audience connection to influencer
- Influencer - authentic - reliability - like attract like
- Finding new markets with influencers
- Influencer communities
- Use Influencer marketing as another channel to market
- Steps - on how to grow your using Influencers
- Jab jab punch approche
- Influencer Marketing can 11x ROI only when done well
- Brand safety / due diligence / Online trolling
- The Dark Side of Influencer Marketing
- Failures = Biggest wins
- Emotion and story
- Authentic message - real stories
- What is rapport
- How rapport fits into influencer marketing
Guest: Gordon Glenister https://gordonglenister.com
Host: Jatinder Palaha https://www.jatinderpalaha.com