Some tips and insights for your next Exhibition or Trade Show. Make sure you walk around the expo see what else is available.
1 – Don’t stand around hoping and praying people will just approach you, you must approach them and keep smiling.
2 – Ask them how they are finding the event, just talk to them on a human level to find out about them. When you chat to them about them they will naturally ask you about your services.
3 – Ask questions, be present and listen. Its all about them. You simply have to listen to see if you can help provide a solution to there problem
4 – Be helpful and non attached. – its funny how people don’t like being sold to but then know it will happen or why else they at the expo
5 – Listen and relate and find a common ground.
6 – Genuinely try to solve a problem for them. Help them out. They are not just at the expo to look around, they are looking for help and advice and services that compliment or enhance their own offering.
7 – Make eye contact and smile.
8 – Keep hydrated and keep your energy up.
9 – Don’t take any blanks or when they ignore you personally , keep smiling and sending out the love.
10 – Don’t just hang around and chat to your team, be people focused and just chat to people. It doesn’t matter if you don’t sign them up just provide value.
11 – Have a team
Questions you can ask as openers…
- How are you finding the event so far?
- Is there anything in particular you are looking for today?
- What brings you to the event today ?
- What are you hoping to get out of the day today
- Have you watched any of the keynote speakers and if so which was your favourite and why?
When you have started talking further questions you can ask
- What do you do/ what is your business
- What are the current challenges or problems you are you facing in business
- What kind of help or support might you be looking for?
- How long have you been in business?
- What do you currently need in your business to happen in order to take you up to the next level?